CSRAI enables interdisciplinary AI research through complex, large-scale projects that require diverse expertise and perspectives that span multiple units. CSRAI also enables new, interdisciplinary collaborations that bring new teams together and leveraging AI to address important challenges. Consideration of social and ethical consequences is integral to all CSRAI-supported projects.
Several Center initiatives are in planning or have launched, including:
- establishing a focused seed grant program
- establishing a teaching fellows program
- hosting events that engage scholars and industry and government professionals
- enabling scholars to design and implement innovative methods for teaching AI
- enabling student research and capstone projects